For the past few weeks, I did not make any code commits. This is because I was really busy trying to fix OpenChrome DRM’s runtime screen resolution change X Server crash bug. After struggling with this issue for the past 2 to 3 weeks, I am now starting to realize OpenChrome DDX might appear to be triggering this X Server crash, and it may not necessarily be entirely OpenChrome DRM’s fault. I came to this conclusion after trying everything I can think of to fix OpenChrome DRM, and none of them worked.
I know it sounds really like a beginner’s issue, but I just discovered that some of OpenChrome DDX’s KMS (Kernel Mode Setting) code originally came from xf86-video-modesetting. I am now using xf86-video-modesetting’s mode setting code as an reference to fix OpenChrome DDX’s KMS code.
This will mean that I will not be releasing OpenChrome DDX Version 0.7 for several more months. It will miss going into Ubuntu 18.04’s repository, but since Ubuntu is already a quasi-rolling release Linux distribution anyway as long as HWE (Hardware Enablement) upgrade is activated, I do not think this is a huge issue anymore.