OpenChrome DRM drm-next-4.20 branch is working again

Last month, I posted 2 posts (here and here) on this blog regarding the state of OpenChrome DRM drm-next-4.20 branch.  Although I initially suspected I2C bus helper service to be the suspect, after some testing, I started to suspect something within the DRM core was causing the issue.  Unfortunately, I was not able to track down the suspect commit of DRM core even though I did try several times.

I tried Linux 4.19 rc2 from DRM subsystem repository several weeks ago, but that did not resolve the issue.  I just tried Linux 4.19 rc5 from DRM subsystem repository now, and this time around, OpenChrome DRM is working again!  Basically, I had to live with the bleeding edge of OpenChrome DRM not working for about 2 1/2 months.  It was really frustrating when someone else causes a problem that I have little control over it, but I am happy I am now out of this long tunnel.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s